Welcome to a captivating two-part series exploring the rich Jewish history of Romania!
From the 2nd century AD through the flourishing Jewish community in the 18th-19th centuies to the dramatic events of the last era, join me on a virtual tour through the heart of Romania, focusing on its capital, Bucharest and several other smaller but no less important Jewish cities.
Uncover the intricate history and heritage of Romanian Jews, delving into the political landscape across different historical periods.
Our journey will take you to the iconic Great Synagogue in Bucharest, dating back to 1847, and unveil the stories of Jewish life in smaller towns, providing a poignant perspective prior to World War II.
Immerse yourself in a visual narrative filled with both old and new photographs, accompanied by meaningful stories that illuminate the vibrant tapestry of Jewish Romania.PART 1:
"ECHOES OF THE PAST: UNEARTHING THE CENTURIES-OLD HISTORY OF JEWISH ROMANIA"
- Explore the the foundation and eaarly chapters of Romanian Jewish history.
- Witness the evolution and daily life of Romanian Jews during the 18th to 19th centuries.
- Visit the Jewish towns in different parts of Romania to spek about their Jewish Communities.
"RESILIENCE AND TRANSFORMATION: JEWISH ROMANIA IN THE 20TH CENTURY"
- The dramatical evolution of Jewish life in Romania throughout the 20th century.
- The eye-opening story of the Romanian Government's role in facilitating Jewish migration to Israel.
- Still-existing Synagogues and Jewish communities in Romania, including the tour of Bucharest and visit to its Grand Synagogue.